Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A recent "ah ha" moment

Over the weekend, I did some meat prep to put in the freezer. I bag a bunch of steaks and roasts in marinades. I also tried my first freezer recipe. It was a beef stroganoff.
Through out the whole process, I was acumulating a bunch of garbage. I hate touching raw meat, so there was a lot of hand washing and paper towel usage going on. I got tired of going to the trash can every. single. time. Normally I would just use an old grocery sack and leave it on the counter to throw my trash in. But, with limited counter space, it would take up room. I'm very particular about my work space.
So what I did was hung a shopping bag on the door know of the closet that my garbage is in. I only put the knob thru one hole so it lef the bag hanging open. My kitchen is somewhat small so it wasn't much for me to turn around and toss it in.
Since I was touching so much raw steaks and roast, 20 lbs of it, I didn't feel like I was contaiminating every thing I touched.
It's probably not a new idea, but it for sure works for me! I love having those "ah ha" moments when you realize what you just did makes your chores much easier.


0 comments:

Post a Comment