Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Food Day

Today is birthday food day here at work. Every third Friday, we celebrate all the birthdays in the current month. Our entire floor participates. Sometimes we don’t get a very good showing of food. But today is probably the best we’ve had in a long time. Unfortunately, I see right in front of my department’s cabinents with the food. By 8am this morning, I had tastes of 2 breakfast casseroles, some Asian beef, 2 authentic egg rolls, some smoke pork and some cake. WOW! Needless to say I didn’t have to eat lunch today, maybe not even supper. Food day is kind of interesting. It brings over the people in other departments that you don’t normally see and it’s pretty much a madhouse from 7:30 to 8:00. Who knew people could get so excited about food? But the food is good and there is always such a wide variety.
I made a breakfast casserole that is to die for. I will post the recipe later. It’s a hit around my family and department. It’s what is requested I bring. The best part is that it’s so popular, that by 9am, it’s gone and I can put it away and be done. It’s pretty much requested that I bring this meal every month!

For more finer things, check out The Finer Things in Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment