Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One of those Moms

I’ve become the Mom that I never thought I would be.
Before having my son, I swore up and down that I wouldn’t be come “one of those Moms”. My idea of those moms were the ones who joined playgroups, constantly listened to children’s music in the car, enrolled their toddlers in extracurricular activities, and do arts and crafts.

But, I have become one of them and I couldn’t be happier. I work outside the home, but I still joined a playgroup. I think it’s the best thing I’ve done in a long time. We can only make the late afternoon and weekend playdates. But, the friendships that I’ve made are the best. After having my son, I struggled with keeping relationships with my non-mommy friends. Some didn’t understand that I couldn’t go out at the drop of a hat. Or we didn’t have the same issues anymore. Meeting fellow moms in the playgroup has helped me in a huge way. I now have friends that I can relate to about everything from raising my son to balancing work and Mommyhood. Plus, my son gets to do activities that I never would have thought to do.

My son and I have recently joined Kinder Musik. Again, I’m so glad that I got over the thought that a 2 yr old doesn’t need that. He gets so excited every Monday after daycare to go and doesn’t stop talking about it until we get there. Sometimes he’s not the perfect student, but I know that he is getting so much more out of it then I could offer him. That leads me to listening to children’s music in the car. A day doesn’t go by that we don’t listen to the CDs that are from Kinder Musik. He lets me listen to my station for about 2 seconds and then he asks, “Music class please Mom?” He asks so nicely, how can I not let him?

I’ve never been a crafty person. Art class was awful for me. But, with the help of a fellow playgroup Mom, I’ve become an avid scrapper. My pages aren’t the best, but I know that my son will have the memories of holidays and special events for when he grows up. I’ve also grown to like searching for child crafts online. My art will never win awards, but my son likes them and that’s all I care about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment