Monday, May 17, 2010

Busy Busy


Wow! I had a busy weekend! We got off work on Friday and headed about an hour north up here to visit family. We had a graduation Friday night. After that, we brought our son to Jeremy’s Mom’s so she could watch Jack. We went out with the BIL and some friends. It was nice to get out. Even if it was in a town with one bar and we were the only ones in there…lol.

Saturday we headed to Orange City, Iowa to the Tulip Festival. Orange City was founded by the Dutch and every year in May they have this festival. It’s really something. Most of the buildings look like Dutch buildings. There are tulips all over the place. There have been years when the tulips have already bloomed and died before the festival. So, they have actually imported tulips from Holland. I actually gained two pounds over the week. I’m blaming it on the Tulip Festival. I seem to get in the mode that since we are not at home, I need to drink soda at all times. Then I add in the authentic Dutch food and I’m screwed. Plain and simple.

I just have to get through this week and then I’m off all next week. I cannot wait! So much drama here at work lately and I need a break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment