Thursday, July 1, 2010

Potty Training Update and Friday Follows

Smart and Trendy Moms New Friend Fridaysbadge

We are finishing up week two of potty training. I'd say we are doing very good. He is going in the potty two times at daycare and like 4 or 5 a day at home. On most days, he will stay dry from 3pm to when we put him to bed at 7:30.
At daycare, she started using pull-ups to get him used to pulling down his pants. That seems to be helping him learn. We have the most success at home because we wears no bottoms. Once he gives his signals that he has to go, I send him in. I'll stand in the living room to make sure he goes. Half the time I get, "Mom! Go away!"
He had a big day yesterday though. He went poop in the potty at daycare. At home, he stopped playing on his own and went to use the potty. I didn't even have to tell him. I was pretty excited about that.
So, I'm hoping by the end of summer we will be mostly day trained. This little boy will fill his diaper at night, so I think night training is going to be bit of an issue.







9 comments:

The Leader said...

I'm your newest follower. Please follow me back at www.jessielynnsmith.com

Thanks!

<3 Jess

Mama said...

That's great that the potty training is going so well!! We do nakey time t our house during potty training too. Keep up the good work!

Leslie said...

I still remember the good old potty training days! Good luck!

Stopping by from Smart and Trendy Moms: Social Parade! I'm your newest follower!

Have a great weekend!

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

Found you on Friday Follow! Great Blog!

KyAnn

http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com

Malanda @ Outnumbered by Little Boys! said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. I love your blog!! I have a giveaway going on for when I reach 100 fans to win a Target giftcard if you want to check it out. Thanks! :)
Happy Friday!

the-chunkymonkey.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

Hi! I am one of your newest followers! My daughter is 16 and I still remember the potty training days. I hope you have a very happy 4th of July weekend! Nice to meet you!

Society of Socialpreneurs

Mama to 5 said...

hi! following you from Follow me Friday, I invite you to come follow back! Enjoy your weekend! :)
Nicole

Naturally Creative Mama said...

New follower. Glad you are having potty training success. I'm having difficulties with my daughter...
Stop by and say hi some time.
Katy
www.kdbuggie.blogspot.com

Show Me Mama said...

I am your new follower and you have a cool blog here! Come visit me at http://showmemama.blogspot.com

Happy Friday!

Post a Comment